Monday, January 12, 2009

Fab 5

Last night when I was laying in bed, trying to fall asleep, trouble shooting my problems, which is becoming an uninvited habit, I decided to steal Margo’s Friday Faves and make a weekly Fab 5 of my own. The difference is that mine will focus more on healthy eating and healthy living. So I hope you enjoy it! And thank you Margo for the inspiration.

Fab 5

1.Yoplait’s Light ‘n Fit Yogurt-This little indulgence is a low caloric treat that can easily be used as an after workout re-feuler. My favorite is vanilla.

2.32oz Nalgene-This wonderful invention serves two purposes, the first, helps you stay hydrated and is reusable. I have found that using a water bottle keeps me on track with the amount of water that I need daily to insure that I do not get dehydrated.

3.Nike+Ipod-For those who enjoy running and would like to take it a step further, this invention capitalizes on calculations. It records your distance, pace, calories, and time. The best part is, it fits in your shoe and has a tiny adapter that connects to your iPod. If you need a little bit more motivation I would recommend investing in this baby.

4.Peanut butter and Whole wheat toast or English Muffin- I am a person who does not get sick of the “Country Man’s Breakfast”. This is full of cholesterol, carbs, cheese, starch and deliciousness that doesn’t always enhance the stimulus of the metabolism. I think going out or staying home and enjoying the so called Country Man’s Breakfast is a must, BUT Peanut butter and Whole Wheat toast is a close second and kicks the country man in the butt when it comes to healthy. The portion size is great and it provides a healthy source of protein and complex carbohydrates. And if you want to spice it up, cut a few slices of fruit, Banana would probably seal the deal.

5.Trade in your favorite TV Show for a WALK- I know that after a long day of work the only thing that is on your mind is going home, eating dinner, and sitting on the couch. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that; however I do think that you can take 30 min and take a stroll with a loved one, pet or child, or all three. Look at it as a way to break down the day so that when you go to sleep you can focus just on sleeping which in return makes for a better start to your next day.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Audra! I just wanted to say... AMEN to your take on the the Nike+ iPod! I LOVE mine!!!! I've had it about 9 months now and can't get enough of that annoying little voice! Props to you.